Crystal Growth Technician
RMD is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician for Crystal Growth production and development at tits facility in Watertown, MA.
- Fill ampoules with (purified) starting materials, seal ampoules using oxygen-propane torches, and load ampoules in crystal growth furnaces.
- Operate vacuum equipment
- Operate crystal growth furnaces
- Handle acids for cleaning ampoules and crucibles
- Maintain crystal growth and process equipment
- Maintain records and fill database
- Cut and polish grown crystals Order materials and supplies, and maintain open dialog with vendors
- 5-10 years working in a laboratory or production environment Bachelor or Associate degree preferred (will consider other candidates with extensive relevant experience)
- Ideal candidate will have relevant crystal growth experience but will consider other applicants with experience handling chemicals, vacuum equipment, and temperature controls
- Ability to communicate well with other team members, read technical manuals and reports
- Good manual dexterity and ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
- Experience cutting and polishing fragile materials is a plus
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.