Customer Service Representative
Optometrics is a full-service optics and optical sub-assembly manufacturer which has built its core technical reputation on precision design and manufacturing. Products include ruled and holographically produced diffraction gratings, high quality optical replication, photolithography, optical thin film coatings, interference filters, specialized optical polarizers, compact OEM and research monochromators and tunable light sources. With production exceeding 1,000 replicated optics daily, and available capacity for over 500,000 ft2/year of high-quality optical coatings, Optometrics is a preferred ISO certified, ITAR registered supplier for system manufacturers worldwide.
Provides exceptional customer service and support to our customer base, Sales Representatives, and all other company personnel. Develops and demonstrates knowledge of Optometrics’ products for competent communications with internal and external customers. On a daily basis will be responsible for performing accurate order entry and data processing. Responds to new account requests, product, pricing and delivery inquires by notifying appropriate sales personnel. Trouble shoots and follows up on all issues and complaints, working with other departments as needed to resolve customer support matters. Provides professional and knowledgeable customer service to all accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary duty and responsibility of the position is to take ownership for excellent service to the customer
- Performs Sales Administrative duties which include but are not limited to answering phones,
- processing new and change orders, order acknowledgements, daily scanning and electronic filing of sales documents,
- sales data reporting
- Issue and monitor return authorizations
- Maintain customer and prospect contact lists, and support marketing projects as necessary
- Efficiently utilizes all order entry, order inquiry, and order tracking programs
- Professionally handles routine customer inquiries, complaints or concerns, including troubleshooting and resolving
- problems, following up with appropriate departments and personnel
- Provides written or verbal order status and other communications to the customer, as needed.
- Must possess a professional and positive manner, displaying patience and understanding as well as the ability to
- respond to continual changes in a growing work environment. The individual needs to be extremely detail oriented,
- and demonstrate the ability to multi-task, problem solve, prioritize and organize the daily work load with minimal supervision.
- Acts as backup for main office phone during lunchtime and from 4 pm to 5 pm.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required, some college education preferred but not required
- Experience working in a Customer Service function desired
- Solid typing skills; prior data entry experience helpful
- Working knowledge of the Internet and Windows environment – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge of standard Customer Service Department methods, procedures, policies and practices
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization, and with customers
- Most importantly you must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work positively as a part of the Customer Service team representing Optometrics to its customers.
Optometrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer