Electronic Product Development Engineer
RMD is seeking an Electronic Product Development Engineer to be part of the team that brings projects from concept through development and commercialization. Products range from hand-held designs to bench top instruments. This person will provide technical input while designing, testing, and transferring products to manufacturing.
Qualified candidates will be experienced in the following:
- Prototyping and testing of analog and digital electronics
- Experience with analog, digital and microprocessor-based designs
- Experience with signal integrity and system requirements and design
- Integrate electronics, software, and mechanical components
- Experience with microcontroller / microprocessor firmware development
- Experience with firmware development tools
- Ability to debug firmware for microcontrollers and supporting PC based software
- Must be able to debug circuit board level problems as well as system level issues
Ideal candidates must meet the following requirements:
- BS/MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or related scientific discipline
- 3+ years’ experience as an electrical engineer, prototyping and debugging analog/digital circuits and/or firmware development and debugging
- Minimum of 2 year of microcontroller/microprocessor firmware debugging
- Familiar with eCAD software such as Allium Designer, cad or equivalent is a plus
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in digital and analog electronics and overall product development required
- Experience with Android application development is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.