Lab Technician – Electro-Mechanical Systems
RMD, Inc. is seeking experienced Electro-Mechanical Systems Lab Technician to join its team in Watertown, MA to support research and development of advanced materials growth by thin film deposition such as sputtering, thermal evaporation and atomic layer deposition (ALD). The position involves working with senior engineers and scientists to carry out laboratory work that will involve the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment such as ultra-high vacuum (UHV) systems, gas manifolds, gas cabinets, vacuum pumps, glove box and high temperature furnaces. This position includes the responsibility of keeping the labs operational, clean and safe. Successful candidates should be self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented individual, capable of juggling multiple lab tasks, and willing to work with vendors and clients over the phone and email.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operating and servicing electro-mechanical equipment
- Proficient in the use of common hand tools and possess skills in basic electrical wiring, soldering, and use of electrical test instruments (multi-meter minimum req.), and machine shop practices – drilling, cutting, grinding, and shaping of sheet metal and thread tap and die
- Experienced in handling hazardous chemicals and knowledge of hazardous waste procedures
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work both in a team and as an individual
- High School diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree
- Any experience with atomic layer deposition (ALD) will be highly favorable
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, RMD, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. RMD considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.