RMD, Inc. is looking for an entry-level Lab Technician to join its team. The Lab Technician will work in a lab environment to support engineers and scientists in their daily lab tasks in a research environment. Includes the operation and maintenance, and calibration of lab equipment and measurement systems. Setting up and maintain experiments as needed. Working on high vacuum systems, high temperature furnaces, and other general lab equipment. Working with microscopes and other measurement equipment to collect data. Preparing samples for shipping to customers and vendors. Analyze data collected and provide reports for engineers and scientists.
Experience / Education:
- High School or GED required (vocational trade school certificate or associates degree preferred)
- Read/Write English
- 1-3 years experience in a laboratory or cleanroom setting (willing to train the right candidate)
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet long term project goals
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Follows procedures
- Ability to use basic hand tools and power tools
- Perform mechanical measurements using calipers, micrometers & other types of manual or electric gauges and document the results
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Recognize and report safety issues
- Vacuum system experience a plus
- Maintain work are in a clean and safe manner
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.