Laboratory Technician I
RMD is seeking a laboratory technician for crystal growth production and development to develop novel scintillation and semiconductor materials for radiation detection applications to join its team in Watertown, MA.
- Load crystal growth ampoules with starting materials, seal ampoules and load them into crystal growth furnaces
- Operate vacuum equipment
- Operate crystal growth furnaces
- Handle chemicals
- Maintain crystal growth and process equipment
- Maintain records and fill database
- Several years working in a laboratory or production environment is preferred, entry-level candidates will be considered
- High school degree, at a minimum, required
- Relevant laboratory experience in at least one of the following areas: vacuum technology, chemical handling, electronics
- Ability to communicate well with other team members, read technical manuals and reports
- Good manual dexterity and ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company, founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.