Dynasil Fused Silica is seeking an experienced Machine Operator to join its team in West Berlin, NJ. The successful candidate must have the ability to run semiautomatic machines and related equipment to exact tolerances in a continuous production/processing operation. Equipment may be related to processes such as: cutting, grinding, edging, centerless grinding and finishing on product.
- Ensures that production deadlines are met.
- Ensures quality standards of products.
- Sets up, adjusts, operates, and maintains clean equipment and work environment.
- Able to service and make routine equipment repairs.
- Ensures that adequate supplies of glass and other materials are available.
- Maintains records of production output.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Reviews production work orders for special instructions.
- Experienced with running Blanchard Grinder, Centerless Grinders, or diamond tooled equipment is a major plus.
- High School or equivalent diploma.
- Technical school training a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail & accuracy.
- Able to use/read Vernier’s, calipers, Depth gages, micrometers.
- Ability to work with others.
- Mechanically inclined &/or technically skilled individual preferred.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of area/function.
- Must be punctual, dependable and organized. Work hours for this position are 3-11:30pm.
About Dynasil Fused Silica:
As your trusted fused silica experts since 1960, Dynasil Fused Silica (DFS) has been providing synthetic fused silica, the world’s purest glass, and fused quartz products to enable next generation photonics applications. At its manufacturing facility in West Berlin, NJ, the team expertly machines fused silica to precise customer requirements and produces components that require specialized transmission characteristics and low thermal expansion, such as those used in lasers, semiconductors, electronics, communication and aerospace applications.
Dynasil Fused Silica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.