Optometrics is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to perform inspection, cleaning, gluing, measuring (optical and mechanical), and packaging of optical components at various stages of the manufacturing process. The individual may be called upon to operate and perform light maintenance on optical coating systems. Documenting the results of the process accurately and legibly is a critical responsibility of this position. The person must be comfortable working in a team environment. This position requires overtime to be performed when necessary on weekdays and occasionally on Saturdays.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and process glass substrates per written procedures
- Perform mechanical measurements using calipers, micrometers & other types of manual or electric gauges and document the results.
- Perform optical measurements using industry standard and product specific test equipment and document the results.
- Operates an optical coating system.
- Perform light maintenance or calibration on various pieces of equipment used in the process.
- Other assigned tasks as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn the use of calipers, micrometers & other types of manual or electric gauges
- Able to follow detailed instructions & produce parts in accordance with establish standards
- Technical accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintain a clean & orderly workspace
- Follow safety rules and regulations
- Must be reliable
- Follows procedures
- Work overtime as needed
- Task and results oriented
- Pays close attention to quality
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- High School or GED preferred
- Read/Write English
- Basic math comprehension
- Effective communication skills
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Prior experience operating an optical vacuum system a plus
Optometrics is a full-service optics and optical sub-assembly manufacturer which has built its core technical reputation on precision design and manufacturing. Products include ruled and holographically produced diffraction gratings, high quality optical replication, photolithography, optical thin film coatings, interference filters, specialized optical polarizers, compact OEM and research monochromators and tunable light sources. With production exceeding 1,000 replicated optics daily, and available capacity for over 500,000 ft2/year of high-quality optical coatings, Optometrics is a preferred ISO certified, ITAR registered supplier for system manufacturers worldwide.
Optometrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer