Optometrics, a Dynasil Company, is seeking reliable Manufacturing Technicians who are able to follow detailed instructions to produce parts in accordance with establish standards. Prior experience operating an optical vacuum system is a plus.
This position is based in our Ayer, MA manufacturing facility.
Performs inspection, cleaning, gluing, measuring, (optical and mechanical) and packaging of optical components at various stages of the manufacturing process. May be called upon to operate and perform light maintenance on an optical coating system. Documenting the results of the process accurately and legibly is a critical responsibility of this position. The person must be comfortable working in a team environment. This position requires overtime to be performed when necessary on weekdays and occasionally on Saturdays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle and process glass substrates per written procedures
- Perform mechanical measurements using calipers, micrometers & other types of manual or electric gauges and document the results.
- Perform optical measurements using industry standard and product specific test equipment and document the results.
- Operates an optical coating system.
- Perform light maintenance or calibration on various pieces of equipment used in the process.
- Other assigned tasks as required.
- Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- High School or GED preferred
- Read/Write English
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Effective communication skills
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Follows procedures
- Some mechanical ability
- Prior experience operating an optical vacuum system a plus
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn the use of calipers, micrometers & other types of manual or electric gauges
- Able to follow detailed instructions & produce parts in accordance with establish standards
- Technical accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintain work area in a clean & orderly manner
- Follows safety rules and regulations
- Must be punctual and at work every day.
- Effective hand-eye coordination
- Able to lift 15 lbs
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Work Overtime as needed
- Task and Results oriented
- Able to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Follow Company Safety Regulation
Optometrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.