RMD is looking to hire an experienced Operations Planner for the Crystal Growth and Products Group. The production planner will be a key position on our mission to grow our commercial capabilities.
The Operations Planner will be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Duties include a specific focus on the materials and parts required in the production phase, as well as scheduling and record keeping. The Operations Planner will ensure that sales orders are completed accurately and on time.
- Order the parts and materials needed to fulfill sales orders.
- Schedule the work-flow to meet production targets and customer requirements.
- Maintain the inventory of parts and materials needed for production.
- Keep track of all work in process (WIP) through the Access database.
- Generate production reports.
- Interface with Sales, Accounting, and Shipping departments to ensure proper invoicing and delivery of products.
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory
- Address issues regarding quality and production
- Manage deadlines based on project expectations
- At minimum a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of past experience as an operational planner is preferred
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong regard for product quality
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous and diligent
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company, founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
RMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.