Optical Thin Film Process Engineer
EMF, a Dynasil Company, is seeking a Optical Thin Film Process Engineer passionately committed to achieving success in a high challenge environment. Successful candidates must possess a demonstrated track record of quantifiable results in quality improvement, new business generation, and cost reduction. A self-starter, this person receives minimal supervision and direction and thrives on “running with the ball”. A driven, exacting team player, s/he significantly boosts the ability of the company to respond to customer needs through the development of robust processes and capabilities. A methodologist and an innovator, s/he creates value for the customer and the company. This person is a key member of the business growth cycle by providing timely and responsive input to the quotation, prototyping and sampling processes.
This position is located in our Ithaca, NY facility. Some travel required – up to 10%.
- 3-8 years experience in optical thin film processes and vacuum systems or
- Masters degree in Optics or related field and 1- 5 years of experience in optical thin film processes and vacuum systems.
- Record of quantifiable revenue generation of new business development, cost reductions, and quality improvements
- Optical coating experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Process design and optimization
- Problem identification and solving focused on root cause and corrective action
- Project management
- Customer relations
- Autocad or similar drafting software
- Optical thin film design experience (TFCalc or similar)
- Thin film characterization
- Strong communication skills
Upon completion of a probationary period, the following benefits are available:
- Voluntary Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
EMF, a Dynasil Company, is a multi-site corporation that provides precision optical coatings for a broad range of applications , including automotive components, display systems, instrumentation, satellite communications, protective face shields, power cell components, glass, and lighting. EMF was founded in 1936 as the first company in the United States to offer evaporated metal thin film coatings and has been a pioneer in the optical coating industry since. Learn more at https://www.dynasil.com/company/emf/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.