EMF, a Dynasil Company, is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join its team. This person enjoys a high degree of variety and thrives in a challenging environment. Successful candidates must possess a demonstrated record of quantifiable results in quality improvement, new business generation, and cost reduction. A self-starter, this person is successful with minimal supervision and thrives on “running with the ball”. A driven, exacting team player, s/he significantly boosts the ability of the company to respond to customer needs through the development of robust processes and capabilities. A methodologist and an innovator, s/he creates value for the customer and the company. This person is a key member of the business growth cycle by providing timely and responsive input to the quotation, prototyping and sampling processes.
This position is based in our Ithaca, NY facility and will require regular travel to our Rochester, NY facility.
- Bachelors degree in Optics, physics, materials science or related science/engineering field
- 3-8 years experience in optical thin film processes and vacuum systems
- Masters degree in Optics or related field and 1- 5 years of experience as above
Skills & Knowledge
- Process design and optimization
- Problem identification and solving
- Project management
- Customer relations
- Autocad or similar drafting software
- Optical thin film design experience (TFCalc or similar)
- Thin film characterization
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the designs and implements production processes for both the Ithaca and Rochester sites
- Provides technical and process data to Sales for timely quotation response
- Carries out customer communication and relationship building in collaboration with Sales Engineers. May direct the daily efforts of production associates as assigned
- Researches new production methods, capabilities and technologies and performs special assignments at the request of the Director of Engineering
- Reports to the Director of Operations and Engineering.
Founded in 1936, Evaporated Metal Films, a Dynasil Company (EMF) was the first company in the US to offer thin film coatings. For over 80 years, EMF has continually expanded and refined its capabilities to deliver custom precision optical coatings. EMF today offers an innovative portfolio of commercial high-volume and large format optical coating solutions on glass, metals, ceramics, plastics, and IR substrates like germanium, zinc sulfide, zinc selenide, and chalcogenides. Learn more at https://www.dynasil.com/company/emf/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.