EMF, a Dynasil Company, is seeking a Technical Supervisor for its Ithaca and Rochester, NY facilities. The successful candidate will be highly organized and a persuasive leader. Knowledgeable in thin film coating process design and quality as well as production management techniques, s/he upholds the CustomCare culture of EMF through insistence on thorough and exemplary participation in the ERP system. A skilled administrator who is comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, s/he brings order through consistent application of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and Lean Manufacturing methodology. Known as someone who “holds the hill once it is taken”, s/he earns the respect of the workforce via her/his steadfast adherence to CustomCare principles and innovative problem-solving.
This position is based in our Ithaca, NY facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all manufacturing operations of EMF in a manner to assure optimum manufacturing efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Champion of ERP System
- CustomCare metrics met
- Upholds Quality system
- Upholds Safety of people and machines
- Bachelor’s degree in Optics/Industrial Engineering, and
- at least 3 years prior supervisory experience in a high-tech production environment or equivalent
Skills & Knowledge
- Supervisory / Staff Management
- Performance Management / Reviews
- Industrial engineering
- WCM methodology and implementation
- Lean Manufacturing process design and implementation
- Quality processes and auditing
- Thin film coating processes, techniques and equipment
- Communication and presentation
- Hands on
- Reports to the VP/Operations
- Sits on Department Heads Team
- Sits on Annual Planning Team
Upon completion of a probationary period, the following benefits are available:
- Voluntary Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
EMF, a Dynasil Company, is a multi-site corporation that provides precision optical coatings for a broad range of applications , including automotive components, display systems, instrumentation, satellite communications, protective face shields, power cell components, glass, and lighting. EMF was founded in 1936 as the first company in the United States to offer evaporated metal thin film coatings and has been a pioneer in the optical coating industry since. Learn more at https://www.dynasil.com/company/emf/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.