Quality System Coordinator
Optometrics Corporation, a Dynasil Company, is seeking a Quality System Coordinator who has working knowledge of key ISO procedures and experience working in the quality/inspection function in manufacturing environment.
This position is based in our Ayer, MA manufacturing facility and will require regular travel to our Littleton, MA office 4 miles away.
Optometrics is a full-service optics and optical sub-assembly manufacturer which has built its core technical reputation on precision design and manufacturing. Products include ruled and holographically produced diffraction gratings, high quality optical replication, photolithography, optical thin film coatings, interference filters, specialized optical polarizers, compact OEM and research monochromators and tunable light sources. With production exceeding 1,000 replicated optics daily, and available capacity for over 500,000 ft2/year of high-quality optical coatings, Optometrics is a preferred ISO certified, ITAR registered supplier for system manufacturers worldwide.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality System Technician will be involved in all aspects of manufacturing. The four primary areas of responsibility for this position are detailed below.
- Incoming Inspection
The Incoming inspector conducts inspection and testing.
- Confirms that raw materials and product conform to established specifications and standards are traceable to the supplier
- Ensures proper procedures and specifications are followed when determining the acceptance/rejection of supplied materials
- Maintains records of incoming inspection and non-conforming material
- Assists with the evaluation and disposition of non-conforming material and returned goods
- Calibration Coordination
The Calibration Coordinator ensures that all calibration is properly performed and that the monitoring and measuring devices are properly controlled and identified.
- Ensures the effectiveness of the calibration process
- Maintains the Calibration Schedule / Log
- Calibrates items as required
The Internal Quality Auditor ensures that organizational processes and the goods and services that result comply with the requirements of the applicable standards (e.g., ISO 9001). Audits must also ensure that we meet the customer’s, the regulatory agency’s and the organization’s requirements.
- Conducts internal audits, including preparing the report and holding the closing meeting
- ECO Coordination
ECO Coordinator manages changes (including release and obsolescence) of controlled documents.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Inspecting incoming materials
- Assuring Processes and Work Instructions are maintained as current
- Contributing to the development of the company’s policies and procedures
- Conduct Internal Audits and reports on Processes and Work Instructions to assure they are being followed
- Understanding applicable quality standards and regulations, and ensuring compliance
- Maintain scheduled calibration on all applicable equipment
- Perform regular inspections and reviews to ensure employees adhere to quality and safety policies
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Degree in a related field preferred
- 2 years of experience working with quality systems
- Understanding of ISO and MIL-SPEC
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of key ISO Procedures: Document, Control of Records, Non-conforming material, corrective actions, internal audits
- ASQ certification is a plus
- LEAN training is a plus
- Must be able to legally work in the United States: ECO, TEA, RMA
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent reading, writing, verbal & communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to do repetitive work
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s production processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to serve as a liaison with developers, project managers, and customer support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Optometrics offers a comprehensive employee benefit package that includes medical, dental, life and disability income insurance plans as well as a matching, company-sponsored 401(K) plan and a tuition reimbursement plan. We also offer paid sick and vacation time. Salary is commensurate with relevant experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Come be part of a great company!
- Make a difference!
From Incoming Inspection to Engineering Change Order participation, you can provide our Manufacturing departments with the best materials possible and help our providers improve their performance.
- Make it better!
Through involvement in the Non-Conforming and Corrective Action processes, you can strengthen Optometrics Continual Improvement and build on our successes.
- Make a mark!
By performing Internal Audits and writing the reports, as well as initiating ECO’s, your observations and ideas will be incorporated into the Quality Management System that drives improvement and earns high marks from auditors and customers alike.
- Make yourself at home!
Since the beginning, Optometrics has provided an excellent benefits package and positive team environment as evidenced by our very low turn-over rate and congenial atmosphere.