Quality System Technician/Engineer
Optometrics Corporation, a Dynasil Company, is seeking a Quality System Technician/Engineer who has working knowledge of key ISO procedures and experience working in the quality/inspection function in manufacturing environment.
This position is based in our Ayer, MA manufacturing facility and will require regular travel to our Littleton, MA office 4 miles away.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality System Technician will be involved in all aspects of manufacturing. The four primary areas of responsibility for this position are detailed below.
- Incoming Inspection
The Incoming inspector conducts inspection and testing.
- Confirms that raw materials and product conform to established specifications and standards and are traceable to the supplier
- Ensures proper procedures and specifications are followed when determining the acceptance/rejections of supplied materials
- Maintained records of incoming inspection and non-conforming material
- Assists with the evaluation and disposition of non-conforming material and returned goods
- Calibration Coordination
The Calibration Coordinator ensures that all calibration is properly performed and that the monitoring and measuring devices are properly controlled and identified.
- Ensures the effectiveness of the Calibration process
- Maintains the Calibration Schedule / Log
- Calibrates items as required
The Internal Quality Auditor ensures that organizational processes and the goods and services that result comply with the requirements of the applicable standards (e.g., ISO 9001). Audits must also ensure that we meet the customer’s, the regulatory agency’s and the organization’s requirements.
- Conducts internal audits, including preparing the report and holding the closing meeting
- ECO Coordination
ECO Coordinator manages changes (including release and obsolescence) of controlled documents.
Other duties include:
- Leadership role on Corrective Action team. (Team Member / Scribe / Champion / Facilitator)
- Project management and documentation – ECO initiation
- Assists with external (registrar and customer) audits
- Clerical and administrative support of Quality Manager
- Participates in the Engineering Change Order, Temporary Engineering Authorization, and Returned Material Authorization processes
- Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- High school grad or Associates Degree preferred.
- 18 months experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of key ISO Procedures:
- Control of Records
- Non-conforming Material
- Corrective Action
- Internal Audits
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Reading and Writing skills (English)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Optometrics offers a comprehensive employee benefit package that includes medical, dental, life and disability income insurance plans as well as a matching, company-sponsored 401(K) plan and a tuition reimbursement plan. We also offer paid sick and vacation time. Salary is commensurate with relevant experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.