EMF, a Dynasil Company, is seeking a Quality Technician with experience working in the quality/inspection function in a manufacturing environment, with optical experience being a plus. This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to apply their knowledge, learn new skills, and work as a team within a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 5+ years experience in the manufacturing sector, strong attention to detail, and is committed to workplace safety.
This position is based in our Ithaca, NY facility.
Support quality manufacturing, insuring our ability to achieve expected output and meet or exceed internal and external customers required specifications and expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform operations necessary to inspect incoming, in-process, or finished product to meet customer-required specifications. Communicate effectively to manufacturing and engineering any non-conformances.
- Assist in the creation of inspection plans.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Assist in the performance of a variety of durability tests, working from written or verbal instructions.
- Assist the quality manager in the maintenance and improvement of the quality system.
- Pack finished goods as required.
- Work on engineering development projects as assigned.
- Work independently, or with daily direction and supervision.
- Observe company safety rules and practice good housekeeping.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- ≥3 years experience in Quality Inspection required
- ≥5 years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience working in an ISO 9001, or similar, environment
- High School diploma, or equivalent, required
- Ability to use simple math
- Ability to keep and understand records
- Ability to operate electro-mechanical and handheld measuring instruments
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required
- Physical requirements
- Visual acuity
- Lifting 25 to 30 pounds
- Tools and Equipment
- Computer: Microsoft Office 365 required, QuickBooks familiarity a plus
- Handheld measuring equipment
- Optical inspection equipment
Upon completion of a probationary period, the following benefits are available:
- Voluntary Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
EMF, a Dynasil Company, is a multi-site corporation that provides precision optical coatings for a broad range of applications , including automotive components, display systems, instrumentation, satellite communications, protective face shields, power cell components, glass, and lighting. EMF was founded in 1936 as the first company in the United States to offer evaporated metal thin film coatings and has been a pioneer in the optical coating industry since. Learn more at https://www.dynasil.com/company/emf/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.