Senior Crystal Growth Scientist
RMD is seeking an experienced crystal growth scientist to develop novel scintillation and semiconductor materials for radiation detection applications at its facility in Watertown, MA.
- Prepare and grow novel scintillation and semiconductor bulk single crystals
- Develop and improve crystal growth and fabrication processes for increased quality and yield
- Synthesize high purity starting materials
- Characterize the physical properties of scintillator and semiconductor crystals
- Design, build, optimize, and maintain crystal growth, processing, and characterization equipment
- Manage programs and supervise staff
- Analyze data and write internal and external reports
- Deliver internal and external presentations on research results
- Write award winning proposals and generate new contracts
- Minimum of 5-10 years in crystal development
- Advanced degree (Ph.D. or M.S.) preferred in material science, chemistry, physics, or a closely related field. (Bachelor’s degrees with extensive experience will be considered.)
- Proven track record of crystal growth success, publications, and presentations. Experience with materials for radiation detection is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to write technical reports, journal manuscripts, and funding proposals. Ability to make presentations for conferences and funding agencies.
- Ability to manage development projects and work as a Principal Investigator.
- Hands-on skills to purify, grow, fabricate, and evaluate crystals.
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.