Senior Vacuum Engineer/Technician
RMD, Inc. seeks a highly experienced, creative, enthusiastic engineer to support the thin film research and development. The candidate will possess knowledge and skill factors to assist scientists in producing structured films used in X-ray imaging technologies, maintain state-of-the-art vacuum deposition systems, and support current production of scintillator films. In this R&D support role, the candidate will come across a diverse array of projects and challenges, including modifying vacuum systems and carrying out depositions. A self-starter who can troubleshoot independently is valued. Candidates shall have thorough experience and professional training in the following:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a servicing electro-mechanical high vacuum equipment used in the microelectronic/semiconductor field
- Thermal, e-beam, sputtering evaporation equipment (desired)
- Skilled at maintaining and repairing high vacuum deposition systems, and the related subsystems (electrical, mechanical, etc.)
- Understanding of cryopumps, as used in vacuum systems, their maintenance and repair
- Shall be proficient in the use of common hand tools and possess skills in electrical wiring, soldering, and use of electrical test instruments (multi-meter minimum req.) machine shop practices – drilling, cutting, grinding & shaping of sheet metal and thread tap & die
- Trained and experienced in work-shop safety and safety programs
- Experienced in handling hazardous chemicals and knowledgeable about hazardous waste procedures
Other desired skills and experience areas:
- Experienced in corrective measures & procedures in maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical & electronic equipment and machines used for manufacturing and research operations
- Create documentation logs to track and schedule preventive maintenance, record failure trends and monitor equipment history to improve production and throughput efficiency
- Upgrade and improve equipment systems to increase operating performance and product quality
- Skilled in assembly of plumbing stainless-steel hazardous gas lines & manifolds, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical control systems
- Conceptualize, design, and fabricate electromechanical systems to meet company demands for new technology and improvements in equipment operation
- Ensure equipment is operating safely and within its fullest capacity to deliver superior performance and product quality
- Experience with Atomic Layer Deposition and Chemical Vapor Deposition
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.