Technical Staff – Biomedical Polymer Materials
RMD, Inc. is seeking an experienced Biomedical Polymer Materials Technician to join the Radiation Detection & Imaging division at RMD in Watertown, MA. The successful candidate will be familiar with the handling of organic solvents, monomers, and solid organic compounds and have knowledge of a wide variety of polymerization techniques such as thermal, anionic and cationic polymerization. Work at the Radiation Detection & Imaging division aims to develop novel, single crystal inorganic scintillators, organic scintillators and plastic scintillators for high performance gamma-ray and neutron detection. Experimental work involves the synthesis, purification, and fabrication of a wide range of materials.
- Have a BSc. degree or equivalent in chemistry with an emphasis on bio-degradable polymer science
- Be familiar with the handling of organic solvents, monomers, and solid organic compounds
- Have experience with the purification of liquid and solid organic compounds, and have knowledge of a wide variety of polymerization techniques such as thermal, anionic and cationic polymerization
- Have experience with the cutting, lapping, and polishing of plastic parts using chemical and mechanical polishing equipment
- The ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of and commitment to lab safety
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), a Dynasil company founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. The organization is built around the principle that when the best people in the field are encouraged to merge their entrepreneurial spirit with their knowledge and curiosity, the best work product will emerge. Ultimately, through the pursuit of individual success and achievement, the organization will benefit. To learn more, visit https://www.dynasil.com/company/radiation-monitoring-devices/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, RMD, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. RMD considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.