Vice President of Business & Sales Development
The VP of Business and Sales Development is a member of the company’s executive team. They are responsible for the overall management of the company’s sales and business development operations including market competitiveness, pricing, compensation and distribution and channel strategy. This VP will drive the company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader, setting the company’s strategic direction and achievement of its customer acquisitions and revenue goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead business development and sales initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy
- Drive the development of sales strategies, maintain key customer relationships and develop strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Develop pricing policies, including volume discounts, terms and conditions for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Strategic planning including corporate positioning market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work with legal counsel as needed
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the sales and business development group
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, analysis and market research management, website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for market and product requirements, interface with engineering and manufacturing for product development, pricing and lifecycle management
- Develop and maintain the company’s sales, advertising and marketing budget
- Champions the Company’s Lean Initiative and ISO Compliance, both in the pursuit of Continuous Improvement.
- Oversee Sales/Marketing Department
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required, up to 15%
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent Team Building/Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to speak in public with ease
- Contribute to good spirit of cooperation, by finding solutions, execution of all kind of tasks and good communication.
- Be a positive pillar of the Executive Team
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Financial Management
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new software platforms
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Performance Management
- Leadership Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Detailed Oriented
- Excellent time management skills/Project Management
- Steadfast Adherence to principles and innovative problem-solving
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- At least 10 years of experience in business development or sales, preferably in an optical manufacturing environment
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing
- Proven Sales Track Record
- Experience with specific sales methodology, sales funnel management
- Able to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Experience in lean manufacturing environments
Optometrics is a full-service optics and optical sub-assembly manufacturer which has built its core technical reputation on precision design and manufacturing. Products include ruled and holographically produced diffraction gratings, high quality optical replication, photolithography, optical thin film coatings, interference filters, specialized optical polarizers, compact OEM and research monochromators and tunable light sources. With production exceeding 1,000 replicated optics daily, and available capacity for over 500,000 ft2/year of high-quality optical coatings, Optometrics is a preferred ISO certified, ITAR registered supplier for system manufacturers worldwide.
Optometrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer