VP, Finance and Financial Program Management
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD), founded in 1974, has been recognized as a national leader in the specialized fields of radiation detector materials, nuclear instrumentation, and custom detector applications. RMD has a unique corporate culture that incorporates a combination of intellectual excellence, challenging cutting-edge research, as well as diversity, stability and flexibility that combine to create an outstanding working environment. RMD is a major contractor for government-funded research. RMD is a subsidiary of Dynasil Corporation, a public company (DYSL).
We are seeking a Vice President of Finance to be responsible for the financial integrity of the Company, including financial reporting under GAAP as well as DFARS and financial program management. As a key member of the company team, the VP of Finance provides financial expertise and guidance to the management group. The VP of Finance is responsible for all contract revenue recognition, indirect rate development, cost proposal development, and profit/business analysis. All cost pools including indirect expenses and any unallowable expenses are budgeted, monitored, and reported by the VP of Finance.
In addition, as the financial program manager the VP of Finance is responsible for all post-award fiscal administration of contracts and grants awarded to the Company, financial reporting, cash collection, and maintenance of grant-related financial data in compliance with state/federal regulations, and Company policy. Most importantly, the VP of Finance ensures projects and departments are working towards achieving the Company’s financial goals.
This position is based in our Watertown, MA office.
- Government Contractor compliance and interfacing with DCAA, DCMA and other government agencies
- Manage annual independent audit and quarterly reviews, DCAA audit, A-133 audit, 401k benefit plan audit, and other agency reviews and audits as they arise
- Annual planning and budgeting for the Company, as well as programs
- Monthly forecasting of operations, cash flow and certain program contracts
- Monthly actual to budget variance reporting
- Administration, transition and implementation of the financial systems and asset management
- Product costing, inventory control and reserve analysis
- Continuous communication with principal investigators and administrative personnel regarding contracts and grants on financial and accounting matters
- Interact with principal investigators and or appropriate business offices on campus regarding “at risk” projects
- Design, oversee, and conduct training programs to ensure fiscal compliance within the Company
- Complete other projects as required to meet RMD and Dynasil key business goals
- BS in Finance or Accounting is required, an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
- ≥10 years as a Senior Financial Manager, Controller or Director of Finance in a government contract environment
- Proven skills with financial reporting and controls
- Strong contract management and financial reporting experience
- A history of ensuring accuracy and integrity in the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems
- Excellent analysis, spreadsheet, and overall computer skills
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS requirements
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Strong facilitation skills
- Effective communicator in writing and in person
- Active participator in management and team environments
- Willing to travel
- Team player and clear thinker who is passionate about accurate reporting, good use of resources, and ethical conduct
- Strong attention to detail with a full understanding of rate structures and cost impacts on profitability and reporting
- Resourceful, energetic, and adept at working with people and providing accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis
Ready to apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Amy Crocker, HR Generalist, for immediate consideration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Vice President of Finance” in the subject line. Alternatively, mail your information to:
RMD, Inc., a Dynasil company
44 Hunt Street
Watertown MA 02472
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.