Since 1960, Dynasil Fused Silica (DFS) has provided precision optical materials, including high purity synthetic fused silica and fused quartz products, for a wide range of applications. Synthetic fused silica is used in the manufacture of optical components, lasers, semiconductors, telecom equipment, electronics, scientific instruments, and an assortment of energy and aerospace applications. Dynasil Fused Silica is well known in the photonics industry for ultra-fast delivery and outstanding customer service.
Corning Fused Silica Distributor
DFS is one of only four US-based authorized distributors of Corning High Purity Fused Silica.
- Corning HPFS® 7980 – UV, Visible
- Corning HPFS® KrF Excimer Grades
- Corning HPFS® ArF Excimer Grades
- Corning HPFS® 7979 – Outstanding transmittance in the DUV, UV, Visible and IR
- Corning ULE® 7972 – Titania silicate glass, extremely well suited for large astronomical telescopes and space satellite applications
- Corning ULE® 7973 – Near-zero CTE for EUVL Applications
- Corning HPFS® 8655 Grade – very low water content for DUV applications
- Corning HPFS® Industrial Grade
- Corning TSG Titania Silicate
- Core Drilling – From 0.190 +/- 0.005 inches diameter to 15.125 +/- 0.040 inches diameter
- Cylindrical (centerless) grinding – Up to 4 inches diameter by 12 inches in length
- Diamond edging – Up to 24 inches diameter by 3.75 inches thick
- Diamond sawing – Up to 39 inches by 36 inches
- Measured beveled edges – Up to 9 inches diameter with bevels from .01 – .06 inches
- Surface Grinding – Up to 33 inches diameter (or diagonal) by 5 inches thick, larger sizes upon request
Synthetic fused silica powers most of the modern day applications across a wide range of industries.
- Aerospace Windows
- Camera lenses
- Linear accelerator windows
- Space optics
- Optical components