Since 1960, Dynasil Fused Silica has provided precision optical materials, including high purity synthetic fused silica and fused quartz products, to customers for a wide and ever-increasing range of applications. Synthetic fused silica is used in the manufacture of optical components, lasers, semiconductors, telecom equipment, electronics, scientific instruments, and an assortment of energy and aerospace applications. With over 60 years Dynasil Fused Silica is a leader and an authorized distributor of Corning High Purity Fused Silica HPFS® 7980, 7979 IR, and ULE® 7972.
Precision fused silica finishing capabilities:
- Core Drilling – From 0.190 +/- 0.005 inches diameter to 15.125 +/- 0.040 inches diameter
- Cylindrical (centerless) grinding – Up to 4 inches diameter by 12 inches in length
- Diamond edging – Up to 24 inches diameter by 3.75 inches thick
- Diamond sawing – Up to 39 inches by 36 inches
- Measured beveled edges – Up to 4 inches diameter with bevels from .010 inches to .060 inches
- Surface Grinding – Up to 33 inches diameter (or diagonal) by 5 inches thick, larger sizes upon request
Dynasil Fused Silica is well known throughout the photonics industry for fast deliveries and outstanding customer service. Please contact us discuss your next project.
Dynasil Fused Silica provided fused silica for the docking lights for NASA’s Apollo 11 mission.