Cold Mirrors for Head-Up Displays
A cold mirror is designed to reflect visible light and transmit infrared radiation/energy (heat). As a result, the visible light is fully available for the lighting application while reducing up to 90% of the reflected heat. Cold mirrors are frequently applied to reflectors that are located close to the source. EMF produces thousands of cold mirrors for head-up displays every month.
Typical characteristics of a cold mirror include:
- Over 90% reflectance in visible light
- Minimum 83% transmission beyond 800 nanometer
- Large diameter reflectors up to 36″ or large format flat glass
- Large volume reflector throughput (>3,000 MR11s per production run) resulting in low unit cost
- Uniform distribution across large deep dish substrates
- Significant manufacturing capacity (fourteen 96″ diameter PVD coaters)
- Extremely durable coatings tested to 650°C
Cold Mirrors are a very efficient way to reduce ambient heat optically and are a very effective mirror to the visible spectrum.
EMF can apply these films to your reflector or can locate and source reflectors that meet your requirements.
- Projection Lighting