Founded in 1936, Evaporated Metal Films (EMF) was the first company in the US to offer optical thin film coatings. For over 80 years, EMF has continually expanded and refined its capabilities to deliver high performance optical coatings. EMF today offers an innovative portfolio of precision custom and high-volume coating solutions for a wide range of industries including automotive, defense, consumer electronics, dentistry, astronomy, utilities, lighting and entertainment.
- Twenty-six vacuum coating chambers including 14 large 96″ PVD coating chambers
- 40 million square inches of coating capacity
- High volume coatings
- Large format optics up to 108” in diameter
- Glasses, ceramics, metals, and plastics (including thin films)
- IR Optics – Silicon (Si), Germanium (Ge), Zinc Sulfide (ZnS), Zinc Selenide (ZnSe), and Chalcogenides
EMF has supplied 700,000 cold mirrors to a global automotive components manufacturer for Head-Up Displays (HUDs) and 1.7 million plastic substrates without a single field failure