Founded in 1936, Evaporated Metal Films (EMF) was the first company in the US to offer optical thin film coatings. For over 80 years, EMF has continually expanded and refined its capabilities to deliver high performance optical coatings. EMF today offers an innovative portfolio of precision custom and high-volume coating solutions for a wide range of industries including automotive, defense, consumer electronics, dentistry, astronomy, utilities, lighting and entertainment.
- 26 vacuum coating chambers
- 40 million in2 of coating capacity for high volume coatings
- Large format optics up to 108” in diameter
- Substrates: glass, ceramics, metals, and plastics (including films)
- IR Optics – Silicon (Si), Germanium (Ge), Zinc Sulfide (ZnS), Zinc Selenide (ZnSe), and Chalcogenides
700,000 cold mirrors supplied to a global automotive components manufacturer for Head-Up Displays (HUDs) without a single field failure
1.7 million plastic substrates with zero defects