A cold mirror is designed to reflect visible light and transmit infrared radiation/energy (heat). As a result, the visible light is fully available for the lighting application while reducing up to 90% of the reflected heat. They are a very efficient way to reduce ambient heat optically and are a very effective mirror to the visible spectrum.
Cold mirrors are frequently applied to reflectors that are located close to the source. EMF can apply these films to your reflector or can source reflectors and apply the coating to meet your requirements.
EMF has supplied 700,000 cold mirrors to a global automotive components manufacturer for Head-Up Displays (HUDs)
- Over 90% reflectance in visible light
- Minimum 83% transmission beyond 800 nm
- 26 vacuum coating chambers
- 40 million in2 of coating capacity for high volume coatings
- Available in large formats up to 36″
- Large volume reflector throughput (>3,000 MR11s per production run) resulting in low unit cost
- Uniform distribution across large deep dish substrates
- Extremely durable coatings tested to 650°C
- Automotive Head-Up Displays (HUDs)
- Projection lighting