Short Pass Filter Specifications | SP-650-25
Cut-off λ to 455 nm
Minimum Peak Transmission
Slope (OD 0.3 to 4.0)
10-4 Min. / 10-5 Avg. to 845 nm
25 mm dia.
Aluminum, Black Anodized
Operating Temperature Range
-20⁰ C to 75⁰ C
Cut-Off Wavelength (Range)
600 – 700 nm
Short Pass Filters with Transmission Region Cut-off λ to 455 nm
A Short Pass filter or Short Wave Pass filter (“SP”) is a filter that transmits at shorter wavelengths and rejects longer wavelengths. By design, the transition in a short pass filter between the 50% cut-off or cut-on to rejection is quite sharp. This makes it much easier to separate excitation from emitted wavelengths without interfering with wavelengths of interest. Short pass filters are useful in applications where spectral noise reduction is important or for isolating a particular region of the spectrum.
- Emission filters in fluorescence applications
- Elimination of unwanted radiation
- In spectroscopy
- As order sorting filters
- In astronomical applications
- In laser-induced fluorescence to isolate source radiation.
- A standard Short Pass filters available every 50 nm from 450 nm to 1000 nm
Mounted in a black anodized aluminium ring.
- Use in combination with long pass filters for custom bandpass filtering
- Fine tune cut-on wavelengths by changing angle of incidence