Solid State Silicon Photomultipliers (SSPMs)
Solid State, Silicon Photomultiplier (SPM) detectors are the preferred choice for applications such as high energy physics, radiation detection, PET/MRI, confocal microscopy, cytometry and spectroscopy. In particular, the SPM has been shown to be a key technology enabler in applications that reside in environments which are detrimental to the operation of current PMT technology. Dynasil has developed large area SSPM’s using wide-band-gap semiconductor materials. These materials provide low dark noise, are radiation hard, and have a high sensitivity in the blue to UV spectrum. These photodetectors also provide large gains (~105-106), an important characteristic for detecting low signals from scintillation materials. Our SSPM features include:
- Independent readout of each sub-array
- Completely protected; scintillator mount ready
- Tiling is possible without custom design using the chip-scale packaging
- One silicon die per device – minimizing dead space between die when tiling
- Energy resolution with LYSO Scintillator on 1 cm2 SSPM is 13% at 511 keV
Request a quote today!