Wire Grid Polarizers
We manufacture ruled wire grid polarizers on CaF2 and ZnSe substrates, together covering a wavelength range from 2.5 to 20 microns and holographic wire grid polarizers on ZnSe, CaF2, BaF2, KRS-5 and Ge, covering a wavelength region from 2.5 to 30 microns.
A wire grid polarizer is commonly used:
- to polarize radiation from an unpolarized source.
- to attenuate radiation from a polarized source.
- in reflectance accessories for dispersive and FT-IR spectrophotometers.
- in the study of metal surfaces and crystal structures at grazing incidence.
Two polarizers can be used:
- in series to achieve extinction ratios greater than 90,000:1.
- in series to polarize and attenuate a source.
- in conjunction with a beamsplitter to create a polarizing beamsplitter simply by placing one polarizer in each beam tuned to opposite polarizations.
Learn more about polarizers here.