Dynasil Corporation of America and each of its companies (collectively, the “Dynasil Companies”) takes your privacy and the security of your information very seriously, and we encourage you to read this privacy notice carefully to understand how we collect and handle your information. This notice describes the type of information the websites of the Dynasil Companies collect, and the steps we have taken to protect that information.
This privacy notice applies to the following websites:
- Dynasil Corporation of America: www.dynasil.com
- Dynasil Fused Silica: www.dynasilfusedsilica.com
- EMF Corporation: www.emf-corp.com
- Hilger Crystals Ltd.: www.hilger-crystals.com
- Optometrics Corporation: www.optometrics.com
- Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD): www.rmdinc.com
- Xcede Technologies, Inc. (Xcede): www.xcedetech.com/
This information may include your name, address, telephone number, and email address, when you use any of the websites. We use this information to provide you with our products and services, to improve the relevance of our communication, and to enhance the quality of our websites.
If you have additional privacy or information security questions after reading this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
WHAT INFORMATION DO THE DYNASIL COMPANIES COLLECT FROM ME?
The Dynasil Companies collects certain information from you when you share that information with us and when you use our websites.
- Personal Information: Each of the Dynasil Companies websites will collect name, email address, phone number, or other contact information when you fill out a “Contact Us” form and request information about our products or services. You may also (on some Dynasil Companies websites) upload information to assist us in providing a quote.
- Analytics Information: The Dynasil Companies have partnered with select analytics partners (“Analytics Partners”) to collect information about how our websites are used. Our Analytics Partners may collect information about how many times you visit our websites, what you visit when you explore our websites, what parts of our websites you access, and what other sites you visit before and after visiting our websites. For more information, see “Our Analytics Partners” section below.
- Site Visit Information: The Dynasil Companies also collect certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our websites. This information helps the Dynasil Companies operate our websites. By “Site Visit Information” we mean information that does not identify you personally, such as IP address, device information, and browser information.
WHAT DO THE DYNASIL COMPANIES DO WITH THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
The Dynasil Companies collect information from you to provide information about our products, send information that you request including product quotes, to alert you to new products, and to improve the quality and functioning of our websites. Except as set forth in this Privacy Notice, the Dynasil Companies do not sell or lease the information you share with third parties. The Dynasil Companies may share your personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. They have access to such information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. The Dynasil Companies may also disclose, at its and their sole discretion, your personal or site visit information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request—like a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
“Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective site more efficient. The Dynasil Companies use both “session” and “persistent” cookies on its websites. A session cookie stores information about you only while you are visiting our sites, and is then deleted when you leave our sites. Persistent cookies store information about you, your preferences, and information about other websites you visit, and it remains on your computer or device after you leave our websites. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
“Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. The Dynasil Companies use beacons to better manage content on our websites.
DO THE DYNASIL COMPANIES WEBSITES TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
When you visit our websites, we automatically collect the name of the website you visited from (called the “referring page”) and the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), and information about other websites you have recently visited. This information is used to improve our websites, but we cannot identify you from any information we receive from cookies. The Dynasil Companies websites do not honor the “Do Not Track” settings available on most browsers. When any of our websites detects the Do Not Track signal from your browser, it will still collect referring and exit page information and other information when you visit our websites.
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM THE DYNASIL COMPANIES?
The Dynasil Companies may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, about developments with our business, new products, and to alert you to other opportunities. We will only send you communications if you give us express permission to do so by completing a request form on one of our websites. You can always choose to stop receiving newsletters or other communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a marketing message from one of the Dynasil Companies.
CAN CHILDREN USE ANY OF THE DYNASIL COMPANIES’ WEBSITES?
Our websites and we do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children under 13. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with one of the Dynasil Companies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can remove their information from our systems.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
Our websites are hosted in the United States. If you decide to visit any of the websites operated by Dynasil Companies, or share your personal information with the Dynasil Companies, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
HOW DO THE DYNASIL COMPANIES PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
The Dynasil Companies take the security of your personal information very seriously. The Dynasil Companies use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the personal information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, the Dynasil Companies cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
WILL THE DYNASIL COMPANIES CHANGE THIS PRIVACY NOTICE?
The Dynasil Companies may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to our websites and our information practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by posting a notice on our websites with a link to our revised policy, and we may contact you if you have supplied us with a valid e-mail address. We encourage you to periodically visit this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
HOW DO I CONTACT THE DYNASIL COMPANIES?
For questions about this privacy notice or about the Dynasil Companies’ privacy and information security practices generally, you can contact us at email@example.com or at 313 Washington Street, Suite 403, Newton, MA 02458.
OUR ANALYTICS PARTNERS
- Google Analytics—The Dynasil Companies partner with Google Analytics to provide insight into our websites, and to improve the relevance of advertisements you receive. Google Analytics’ terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
For information on how to opt-out of the services our Analytics Partners provide, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice website at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/